Friday, December 30, 2011

Here's To New Beginnings

as much as i love Christmas, in a way, i am glad it's over. i am looking forward to the beginning of a new year. i mean how appealing is that? a clean slate, a chance to start over. i am craving that right now. so many times i feel like i fall short--as a wife, as a Christian, as a friend. can you relate?

so as i started making my new year's resolutions, the list got longer and longer...and longer. and i asked myself, am i really going to do all this stuff? and is all this stuff really that important? and i decided to cut my list short. here's what i decided to keep.

1. make God my priority
2. be thankful in every circumstance
3. pray continuously
4. love and serve my husband
5. seek God's leading in the everyday

as i think about the new year to come, i realize that i have the chance to start over every day, in every moment. in Christ I am a new creation and his grace allows me to be the person i could not otherwise be.

here's to new beginnings. happy new year!

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3: 22&23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...