Thursday, February 23, 2012

MOVIES PLEASE: EAMES, THE ARCHITECT AND THE PAINTER


i have been watching a lot of documentaries lately. i like to think that watching them makes me smarter:) last week i watched a documentary documenting the life of charles and ray eames, famous for the mid-century modern 'eames chair'.

not only did i learn a lot from watching this movie, but even more importantly, i was inspired. ray and charles had a phenomenal relationship, sharpening eachother in their craft and creating world-changing art together.

the eames were surrounded by an amazing team of artists and designers who spent their day in a sort of 'warhol factory,' brainstorming and working together to make their dreams a reality. but one of the most amazing things the eames created had to be their own house. can you say dream house?


what is a movie that you have been inspired by lately?

1 comment:

  1. It does seem inspiring!!Well, lately, I've watched -again- Pierrot le fou, a french one, which I bet you already know, and every time I watch this movie I'm inspired and want to do things..(not to mention of course Mary Poppins!! :P )

    Well, thank you very much for your lovely comment and your kind words!I really appreciate it!Ad your blog is amazing too! ;) I've added you for the time being as a favorite page, cause there's something wrong with my google friend connect, grrr!

    Have fun,
    Eleni

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...