Thursday, May 10, 2012

WHAT I WORE: ALL YOU NEED IS A LITTLE LIPSTICK

it was a nice sunny day outside, and i actually dressed up, so i decided to break out the tripod and take some shots. we don't get very good light in our apartment (one of the reasons i am so looking forward to moving) so i had to set up right by this window.

have you ever had one of those days, or lots of days, when you just feel really unattractive? usually its when i've just come back from camping, like this weekend, and i haven't brushed my teeth or washed my face in days. even after we had been back for a couple of days i resorted to putting on lipstick one night just to make myself feel better. and you know what? it did!

i have never been a big lip-stick wearer. it's always made me feel like i am drawing too much attention to myself and makes me self-conscious. i have to tell myself 'hey, people wear lipstick all the time, even red, so you can too!' hence i have been experimenting with lovely shades of pink this spring. this day i opted for a nice dark magenta.

i have had this shirt for soooo long, but i love the little embroidered men and women on it. it has a couple of holes in the armpits, but i'm going to keep it until it's all out unwearable:) this skirt was for sale in my shop, but it sold a couple of weeks ago. glad i got to wear it at least once! and of course, these are my go-to sandals from urban outfitters. i swear they go with everything--i have to keep myself from wearing them every day:)

shirt: thrifted
skirts: TheLovelyHunter--SOLD
sandals: ecote

1 comment:

  1. I have a very similar shade that I wear all the time! I love lipstick, although I hate having to wipe it off to eat or drink anything. I also play an instrument, so I have to get rid of it before I play as well. Still, it's nice while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...