Thursday, October 20, 2011

MOVIES PLEASE: WHAT'S OLD IS NEW AGAIN

there have been so many movies adaptations of well known books being made as of late. and well, these two movies are no exception. not only that, but they are hollywood's second go-around at turning these novels into films. let me know what you think...

BRIGHTON ROCK


i don't know how i got out of highschool without reading graham greene, but i did. add it to the long list of books i have yet to read. greene's book is the story of a sociopathic, 17 year old gang leader who marries a quiet, decent girl in order to protect his alibi in the face of murder. sounds promising, yes? :)

THE GREAT GATSBY

now this is a book i'm sure everyone had to read in highschool. i want to re-read it, because honestly, i don't remember liking it that much. but i am so looking forward to this movie. directed by baz luhrmann? i mean, come on! and starring leonardo dicaprio, carey mulligan, tobey maguire, and isla fisher. authentic vintage clothing and set. i think i've made my point:)

i have yet to see 'restless,' and it has been in the movie theatre for weeks! anyone seen it?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of the first one! I'm gonna look it up now :)

    <3 Sharmaine Ruth
    underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exactly the same. I read The Great Gatsby in two different years of high school but I don't remember liking it. I'm thrilled to see the movie and need to reread it before I do!

    xoxohannah
    a cup of subtle tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to The Great Gatsby too. I really should read the book first before I go see it, though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...